I am a Professional Organizer. I know what to do. For the most part I can have my stuff together, and if there is one thing I have learned is that you need to be organized with kids. I love calendars and planners. Office stationery is one of my weaknesses, pretty paper and nice pens can make me smile. But you do not need all that fancy stuff to get started. First off if you want to have a great day is that you need to be organized the night before. I know you are probably saying but I’m tired, I have worked all day, I just want to relax with a glass of vino, I get that and have done it myself. For great success having things done the night before will eliminate all chaos the next morning. Take 15 minutes each night and do the following:
- Pick out your clothing the night before (check the weather forecast first)
- Start preparing lunches and place in bag on counter
- Sign any forms that come home from school
- Use a calendar or planner to write important info down such as birthday invites or playdates
- Make a list of groceries that may be needed on the way home after work or school
- Check to see if you have any appointments coming up
- Talk with your spouse and plan for pick ups, especially if you have children involved in sports
- What is on the menu for dinner? Having a menu plan with help with using food you already have in the freezer or cupboard and eliminate duplicates. I use my crock pot and Instant Pot for easy meals during the week when we are busy with meetings and hockey.
- This is one of the most important changes I have made this past year, have an empty sink before bed and clean counters. A great book called Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley also known as the FlyLady is such a great resource to have. When you wake up everyday walking into your kitchen, it will make you smile knowing that you have no dirty dishes!
I hope that some of these tips will help you have a successful start to the day!
Until next time,
One year ago I stumbled upon his furry little face. My dog Tuxy, my companion, friend and fur baby. I can’t believe we have had him for a full year. I have two cats who are older, so getting a dog was a huge adjustment, but I cannot imagine life without him. In the summer he loves to swim, in the winter he is chasing balls through the snow and digging with his strong paws to bury his red ball. He could play outside all day if you let him, but there has to be a balance sometime. He is affectionate, somewhat of a good listener ( we are working on that) and a great furry friend to have around. We celebrated his First Birthday on November 5th, 2016 complete with new toys, cookies and even a birthday hat. Yes, some people may think we are over the top, but we love all our animals and treat them once in a while! My gentle giant weighs over 80 lbs now and I have him to thank for getting me outside everyday.
What fur babies do you have?
Until next time,
The year is 2017 and I am back to writing again. I purchased a new laptop last night so I can get my creative juices going again. I missed being away from the blogging world, so this year that is going to change. I will be writing, doing reviews, planning posts and there will be lots of pictures. I am also looking forward to learning more about this laptop. Follow along on this journey with me!
Wishing you a very Happy, healthy New Year!
- I have a hard time saying no.
- I have always wanted kids.
- I am a Professional Organizer.
- I drive a School Bus.
- I am funny with people I am comfortable around.
- I want to live off grid.
- I want to be a chicken farmer.
- I love to hand wash dishes, it relaxes me.
- Cadbury’s Fruit & Nut is my all time favourite chocolate.
- My favourite meal is Curry.
- Diet Coke is my vice.
- I have never smoked.
- Pink is my colour.
- I love to scrapbook.
- Family history fascinates me.
- I love heavy metal music.
- I cry often.
- Fall is my Season.
- I only drink tea.
- I love the smell of a peat moss fire.
- I would love to build my own she shed.
- I wish I could live with an Amish family to learn the ways of yesteryear.
- I am an animal lover.
- I would do anything for my 2 Sons.
- I would love to start a YouTube channel.
- I love social media.
- I cherish my Husband.
- I pray.
- I love to reminisce about my younger self.
- I was a beautiful child.
- I have 2 cats and 1 dog.
- I love big rigs.
- I love plays.
- I love when it rains.
- Peonies are the most beautiful flower.
- I like to garden.
- My favourite Authour is Sarah Ban Breathnach.
- I love simplicity.
- I love bonfires.
- I enjoy decorating.
- I have a huge Irish family in Ireland including my Mum & Dad.
- I enjoy driving long distances.
- I love small towns.
- I love being an Aunt to my Nieces and Nephews.
- I take a bath every night.
- I have gray hair.
- My eyes are blue like sapphires.
- I am nostalgic.
- I cherish my photos.
- I am loved.
Until next time,
Welcome to 2016! Hard to believe that an entire year has passed. I do not make resolutions, but do set goals for myself. After reviewing my list from 2015, I did not do everything on that list but I did concentrate on a few things which I feel good about. This year I have decided to keep it simple. Eat healthier, meditate each day, kiss my spouse everyday(sometimes we forget)hug my Sons and tell them that they make me proud, call my Family more often and treat myself to some flowers on occasion. I will soon begin my annual purging of household stuff this January and set small goals each month. That way it is not as overwhelming, and I will not be as disappointed if I have a setback. Our family has grown by a new animal recently. A new puppy to love and to get me outdoors more often. He has been amazing and a great asset to our Family. But first, time to take down all the Christmas decor and start the de-cluttering process. I wish you a very happy, healthy and loving New Year!
Last Spring I decided to take the plunge and do something out of my comfort zone. I learned to drive a School Bus. Secretly I love big vehicles. This was always something that I had wanted to do, so when the opportunity came I up I told my family and friends. Well, I had to follow through with it now that everyone knew. So I went for the training and testing and got my “B” licence on June 19th of 2014. I was so thrilled and excited that I went for it. Six months have past and I am loving my new job. I get to work with Children again, seeing their smiling faces everyday is awesome. I get to make a difference in their day and that makes me truly happy. I am contributing financially to my family and I feel that I have gained some more confidence again.
At Christmas time, I was certainly overwhelmed with the amount of gifts and cards received from Parents and their children, thanking me for keeping their kids safe everyday. This was such an awesome moment, I knew that this is exactly where I need to be. Although after 16 years of being Mom to my two Sons, I miss putting them on the school bus everyday. My Husband and I have switched roles and we are loving how we work together as a Family. My kids are enjoying having Daddy make their lunches and drive them to their appointments etc.. One of the benefits of my job is the time that I will get to spend with them during PD days, March Break and having the Summer off with them.
Everyday is different in my line of work. I deal with weather, which right now is at least -20 at 5:30 am, the bus is not always warm, the kids may be sick, or have a nosebleed. It is all worth it in the end. I love driving, so this is a perfect fit, Also working in my community is beneficial as I know the schools(both Sons attend the schools I drive to), and most of the children I know from hockey, baseball or are friends with their parents.
I am truly blessed to love what I do!